Twin Peaks… Much ado about nothing


“It is Happening Again”. 

But what’s happening? Seems like NOTHING!

I have to admit. Watching “Twin Peaks The Return” was a waste of time.


I was intrigued by the characters, events which don't seem to make sense, trying to figure out WTF is going on, looking for a deep profound meaning ... But all that is Naught, Cipher, Nada.

It simply is not meant to make sense. The story, or rather lack of it, is just an incoherent ranting of a person suffering with dementia.

We wonder what's with...
·       Some bloke watching an empty glass box and recording everything (or rather nothing!) OR
·       The character whose foot talks to him and says "I am not your foot!" OR
·       The 3 minute scene where someone is sweeping the diner floor OR
·       Some lady without eyes making sweaking / chirping noises OR
·       The Log lady lovingly holding a Log of Wood and saying "My Log has a message for you" OR
·       Some cigarette smoking Zombie roaming about asking "Gotta Light?"

Only the track where main character Cooper, gets into the body of Dougie was good.  A Forrest Gump type dealing with mobsters and casino kingpins. Roaming about with childlike glee. Drinking Damn Good Coffee and Strawberry Pie. Supported by an impactful performance by Naomi Watts. A saving grace, that made me endure all the nonsense.

Like the last episode... "You Can Never Go Home Again!” Because there is no one there. I feel it is better to see all seasons of FARGO again. Same style, inspired from original run of Twin Peaks. But has more substance that satisfies both casual watchers and those wanting a philosophical spin to the narrative.

After having wasted 18 hours on Twin Peaks Season 3, I have finally understood what it all means.

Answer is simple ... IT MEANS NOTHING!



Comments